Thursday, January 22, 2009

What makes a Community Online?

As I build with Joomla, I recognize that it can be difficult to get community members to participate.
I like the idea of the Karma plugin so that visitors build rank by editing their profile and posting to the forum. I wonder if there is a way to modify Mamblog extension to credit Karma points?!

I am giving a speech tonight about creating and participating in conversation online. If you are at that event (or just want to join the fun) post your blog address and twitter page in the comments... I will comment on your blog and follow it and follow you on Twitter.

I want to start having some fun with Web 2.0 this year!
I am following my Internet Marketing hero on twitter - Mike Filsaime. He is following me back - very cool.

Share some ideas on how you are joining in to the online conversation that is WEb 2.0
Do you blog? comment on blogs? Give Yahoo Answers? Visit discusion boards? Put content on Youtube or upload podcasts? Digg it? Create reviews at amazon.com.............

No comments:

Post a Comment